

Unknown to us at the time, Luke and I were on a mission to grow our hair for Locks of Love. After nearly 2 years, the task was complete. What started out as a lack of time for a much needed haircut turned into a goal to make the 10 inch march. For Luke, he was right on the money, 10" exactly. What I lacked in thicknes, I made up for in length. Add 13" to my score. The July 9th article in the Williamson County Sun read: "Luke "make me look like a republican" Swift and his sister, Bethany "a ponytail is not a hairstyle" Dean, donated their hair to Locks of Love, a charity that makes wigs for children with cancer and alopecia, last month. Mr. Swift, a Southwestern graduate, learned of Locks of Love through his work as a cancer researcher at George Washington University. Mrs. Dean, a speech pathologist, is married to GHS offensive coordinator Jason Dean and brought their one-year-old son, Tennison, along to the salon. The siblings had their locks snipped simultaneously; afterward, they attended their father's 60th birthday party."
1 comment:
How sweet...LOVE Luke's pigtails! And I had no idea you went short. Its been way too long since I've seen you.
Post a Comment