Lately, every morning, Emma runs to the front door to see the "rainbows". She stands there, running her fingers along the wall, tracing the light. She is in awe of the colors. When was the last time I stopped to be in awe of the mystery of a prism...the perfect colors that are so consistent in every rainbow of light...and since it's me, I have to go there. I think back to the first rainbow ever...the sorrow and destruction of sin...consequences of disobedience...new beginnings...a fresh start...a promise that will never be broken...a God who is waiting expectantly for His ultimate plan to come to fruition..."the world waits while His heart aches to realize the dream".
I can't help but see God chuckle and His heart be warmed by the innocent awe and adoration of His creation. I need to stop and notice His masterpieces more often...because they grow up so quickly.

No comments:
Post a Comment