Wednesday, December 8, 2010

New Tree on the Block

You know what I don't get...fake trees. I know...lots of my friends have them and swear by them. "It's so convenient!", they say. Or "there are no pine needles everywhere...it's more earth friendly...", My favorite, "It pays for itself in 3 years." But to me, part of the magic of Christmas is the tradition of picking out a Christmas tree...the kids running around like wild indians, playing hide-and-go-seek amongst the trees... Jason following behind saying "Whatever you want dear"...me haggling with the store worker for a tree that is "just a bit taller/fluffier/not so lopsided"...and finally leaving witht he perfect tree. And every year we say that THIS is the BEST tree we have ever had. Besides, I love the smell of pine needles in the floor, and in the vacuum cleaner, and in the fire place, and in my socks, and under the rug....

No comments: