Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dancing Princess

Emma's first dance recital was a BIG deal. I just knew I would bawl through the whole thing but I was so busy getting the perfect shot (127 shots to be exact), that I distracted myself from the tears. She was the prettiest one on stage and hit every mark. She did't suck her thumb, or stare into the audience, or act even a little anxious. She just marched right out on stage and danced her little slippers off.
After the recital, she got flowers, which she thought was pretty cool

The Dean's and the Gattis' met at Duke's for the after recital party. The cake and cupcakes were a big hit
Emma received her first ever trophy from her friend Chapman Burkhart. The plaque was inscribed "to my friend Emma, love Chapman". What a perfect day for a dancing princess.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julie said...

She looks so precious. I wish we could have been there. I remember Remi's being so sweet, too. I can't wait for her to start ballet again next year.