Monday, October 12, 2009

I didn't forget...

Yes, Emma also had a "1st day of school" and yes it was as monumental as TC's but I am choosing to look back and call it perspective...

Of course, she knew exactly where to go and little mother hen even attempted to hold back traffic so that baby brother could cross safely (there really was no traffic, she is just playing it safe). Mrs. Spinx greeted us at the door and as soon as Emma walked into the classroom she quietly put her back pack away and went to sit in circle time. Before she sat down, she gave me a quick kiss and whispered "would you stay for just a minute". So a crept to the back of the room. But it only took a few seconds for her to be so engaged that she didn't even look back to check that I was sticking around, so out the door a slid. No tears, no tantrums, I just walked to the car. This is going to be good...very good indeed...for everyone involved!




No comments: