Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ode to Mrs. Luongo

What I love about Mrs. Luongo, kindergarten teacher extrordinaire:


  • the first time we ever met, she told Tatum she hoped he would be in her class
  • she meant it
  • on Tate's first day she burst into the teacher lunch room exclaiming, "I have a new student named Tatum and I just love him, he is so precious" (this was overheard by a teacher friend of mine)
  • she plays into his tangiential speech, ie telling the door that it is too hard
  • everyone who is not in her class wishes they were
  • she puts special notes into his backpack
  • she sees having Tatum in her class as an opportunity to see the world in a different way
  • she put Tatum's picture on her website
  • she wrote us a special note of encouragement about Tatum's upcoming Drs appt with the psychologist
  • the most amazing one of all...she rode the bus with him in the afternoon for FOUR DAYS so that he and I would both feel comfortable with the new rite of passage.

Whoever says that God doesn't intervene in our lives isn't looking!

2 comments:

Dava Lynn said...

Bethany...incredible!! And fantastic!! Praise God!! Made me wish I could be in her class!! Love you...

ellen said...

Wow! What a blessing she is!