Thursday, July 9, 2009

Suprise!

Mandy and I may talk once every 2 months. We are both distracted by kids, football, life in general and are both committed to whatever God is calling us to at the moment. For whatever random reason, and I'm not sure who called who, but we happened to talk the weekend before she is going to give a talk to a ladies group in her church. Mandy giving talks, lectures, lessons, whatever is not unusual. When we were both in Abilene and since she moved, she has been very active in Bible Study Fellowship, taking on a leadership role and frequently filling in for the main leader. So when she mentioned this particular talk the thing that really stuck out was that she was so nervous. I really couldn't figure out why, out of all the times she has stood before women's groups, was this one going to be so difficult. God was telling her to lay down her outline and speak from the heart...to tell her story (we all have one). But Mandy is the ultimate "got it together" girl and showing off our battle scars is not always easy. But when it is God who has healed them, and continues to heal them, He is the one who must get the credit for it. Mandy has a story to tell and through it all she has managed to cling to that "peace that passes understanding" and in the face of hardship she is still able to say, "My God has sustained me, and He is doing a work in my life, and He will not stop until His good work is done". I thank God everytime I think of you Mandy, you are the Mary to my Elizabeth.

Before I forget let me add that it worked out perfectly that I was able to make the 3 hour drive to Rockwall and was waiting to greet my friend when she walked into the room. Mike was in on the suprise and managed to keep it hush-hush for 2 days. I even got some shed tears out of the deal and we all know how much I love it when there's crying! WooHoo! Score!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: