Monday, August 24, 2009

New shoes

I remember when I didn't have any children and I knew alot about them and I had a plan and I knew exactly how I would be as a mom. I would say things like... I will never let my children eat donuts for breakfast... I will never let them stay up all hours of the night just because I have something to do... I will never let my children run around in just there underwear...I will never use TV as a babysitter... I will never let my children pee in the front yard... I WILL NEVER LET MY CHILDREN WHERE THOSE TACKY CHARACTER TENNIS SHOES. Hmmm...isn't it ironic that I have been proven a liar on all of my "I will nevers"? When your 2 year old squeals "PIDA MAN! I WANT DOZE!!, how can I really say "no". What kind of a mother would look into those big blue, expectant, hopeful eyes and really in good conscience crush her child that way. So we found them in a size 9 and it's been love ever since. The boy who has not worn shoes all summer, who shucks his shoes as soon as I look away, wants these "Pida man" shoes on when he first wakes up, sleeps with them at nap time, and throws a fit when they must be taken off to bathe. Paired with the shoes is his backpack, which he dons and proudly annouces "I Go Kool Now" (school). The difference between TC and every other kid...he makes a tacky pair of tennies look GOOD!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

BeausMom said...

Did you promise to never grace the doors of McDonalds like I did? "We don't need a Wii, we have books and board games." ha ha (I played Resort Wii for a WHILE with Beau today!)
I LOVE the Pida Man shoes. The boy looks GOOD!

Julie said...

I have several "I nevers" I have been proven wrong on myself. I don't really have the time or the space here to list them.... We'll talk later... hehe