Monday morning...Tatum practically skipped out of bed. He has been looking forward to this day for weeks. He chirped all through breakfast and was ready to go with 10 minutes to spare. Emma and TC picked up on the charge in the air and followed suit in the excitement. I couldn't quite convice TC that it wasn't HIM that was going to school today (notice his backpack).

The halls were packed with parents and students, everyone wanted to walk in today to ease their first day jitters. Tatum charged on, leading the way for the rest of us, stopping, of course, to greet the librarian, vice-principal, PE teacher, art teacher, and couselor.
His is the first name on the rack. How exciting! A special place just for him! It's almost as if someone knew he was coming?! When Mrs. Luongo asked how he was doing, he replied "Well...I'm a little bit anxious" to which she responded, "I'm a little anxious myself" (She just found out she was being moved to a different grade about 3 weeks ago).The halls were packed with parents and students, everyone wanted to walk in today to ease their first day jitters. Tatum charged on, leading the way for the rest of us, stopping, of course, to greet the librarian, vice-principal, PE teacher, art teacher, and couselor.
I've saved the best for last of course. No one can tell me that Tatum's life is lived by chance. No such thing as luck. God has had His hand on him from the beginning, leading the way and opening doors for him that continually amaze us. A week before school started, Mrs. Hord, the vice principal, called to tell us she had a proposition for us. Mrs. Luongo was moving to 1st grade and we had the choice of putting Tatum back in her class again. Let me think about it for a second...YES! First grade is one of the hardest in a child's elementary career, they learn more in the first grade then any other...and Tatum will have the benefit of a familiar classroom with a teacher who already knows his quirks and most importantly, LOVES HIM.
"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:
ok... the editing on that one pic to color only Tatum.. genius! And I know I have said it before but... you make me cry with almost every enrty. Man.. I love your kids!! :0
Post a Comment