Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Glasses be gone




After failing a vision screening at school we made an appointment to get Tatum's eyes checked. Classic Tatum, he was vague and elusive during the eye exam and scored himself a new set of glasses. After the newness of the spectacles wore off, he stopped wearing them on his face and would simply use them as a prop, pensively chewing on them while making a snooty "hrumph!". If you've seen the new Horton Hears a Who, he does a great Carol Burnett, mother kangaroo. Well, the saga of the glasses has ended, Tatum 1-Glasses 0. After a trip to a pediatric opthamologist, who was great at tricking, er, coaxing little ones into declaring what they REALLY saw or didn't see (as the case was with Tatum) on the letter chart, he has 20/25 vision at worst according to Dr. Tredici. Thankyou sir, I just wish we had seen you BEFORE Mom bailed off with the $300 worth of anti-glare, anti-scratch, Transitions lenses. Hey! I've never had glasses, but if I did, I would want THOSE glasses.

1 comment:

Dava Lynn said...

Bethany - I love reading your blog...'cept it makes me miss you too bad!!

-DL