Tuesday, October 28, 2008
What you do matters
Does anyone ever need an excuse to scrapbook. Not me, but you know what, right now it is SO UNREALISTIC. No lie, I tried to read this book that EVERYONE is talking about, The Shack. You are going to call me a big fat fibber when I tell you that every 2 sentences, let me repeat that for those who might have missed it...every 2 sentence, I was interupted by some little person asking, telling, needing something. I am venting all this to say, tonight I read this...http://stacysbigpicture.typepad.com/altogether_too_happy/, about "What you do matters" and remembered why it is that I write things down, why I put pictures in albums, and most importantly and most easily, why I blog. Thank you Ellen for introducing me to this easy way that I can remember for my kids what it is that makes me happy...my kids. Ellen, you're right to say that we usually just blog the highlights. But you know, who wants to remember anything but. To Tatum, Emma, and Tennison who may or may not ever read this. I love you "more than the sun and the stars that God taught how to shine. You are mine and you shine for me too. I love you, yesterday and today and tomorrow, I'll say it again and again and again. I love you more!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you love Stacy Julian as much as I do! This was my favorite part of that entry of hers:
Let go. Stop making this so hard. Stop worrying about whether you are doing it right or whether you are good enough or whether you have the right stuff you need or whether you can keep up or whatEVER. If your pictures and stuff aren't organized, do something about it. Stop procrastinating and JUST START telling your stories. Long stories, short stories, stories from this past summer and stories from when you were little. Stop leaving blanks on your pages where you will go back and add journaling. STOP that right now. Start using your own imperfect handwriting and stop thinking it will ruin your page.
My goodness girls there is so much good that happens in and through this amazing hobby. Let's just decided to let go and let it happen.
Post a Comment